If you’re looking for a new mattress, you might find that you have many options to choose from. But, how do you know which mattress is right for you? It is important to take your time and find the best mattress for your needs.
A good mattress is an investment towards your health and well-being and one you can enjoy for years to come. That being said, you have to consider which mattress type you want based on your needs.
Getting acquainted with the types of mattresses and their respective features will be helpful when you shop. On our site, we’ve made it easier for you to narrow down your search by providing a helpful filter sidebar that you can use to tick off what you’re looking for.
Types of Mattresses
Over the last decade, the mattress market has changed, with online shopping giving customers access to more options than ever before. Generally, mattresses can be classified as innerspring, foam, latex, or hybrid. Traditional mattresses are typically innerspring and widely used in most homes.
Innerspring mattresses typically have a support system made of coils and layers of other materials such as fibers and foam. Coils offer support, providing a lot of bounce on the surface as well as breathability.
- The Orthopedic Deluxe Mattress with heavy-duty fiber and foam layers supported by a Canadian-made Bonnell coil offers medium firmness and lumbar support. The edge guard around the mattress perimeter provides a great balance between comfort and support.
- The Posture Care Mattress is a tight-top mattress with a tri-zone pocket coil and medium-hard firm foam. Great for stomach sleepers and people with posture problems, the Posture Care Mattress offers stellar support and relieves pressure across the spine typically caused by too-soft mattresses.
Foam mattresses have no coils and are made up of pure foam. They provide pressure relief, great contouring to the body, and motion isolation. They are great for couples and people who prefer sleeping on their sides.
- The Beautyrest® 12" Mattress features gel-infused memory foam that adapts to the sleeper’s body shape and size for utmost comfort. Three layers of memory foam relieve pressure off the back, shoulders, and hips. It also has a cooling system that repels heat and improves airflow.
- The Serta Modern Comfort Mattress has PureComfort gel foam on top with a foam support core. It comes wrapped in a CoolWick breathable cover to repel heat and improve breathability all night long.
Latex mattresses are made of pure latex rubber and offer a lot of bounce with moderate contouring to the body. They are highly durable, eco-friendly, and popular among shoppers looking for a low-maintenance, long-lasting option.
- The Waverly Latex Mattress made with pure organic latex foam has a silk and wool quilted top. It also has a Breezy Cool gel memory foam layer, offering superior softness and coolness for a blissful night’s sleep.
- The Elara Organic Latex Mattress is pure organic latex, with a great cushioning effect and excellent pressure relief. Natural latex contours to the body well, providing both support and comfort.
Hybrids are composed of a core made of innerspring and a comfort layer made of foam, latex, and micro-coils. They provide substantial bounce and can contour to the body well. They are great for warmer climates as they have low heat retention.
- The Serta Perfect Sleeper Hybrid Penelope Mattress offers comfort from the memory foam combined with excellent support from breathable coils. It relieves pressure from the body and has a premium Cool Action Gel Memory foam that reduces heat build-up where the body meets the foam.